- Windows XP through 10 (32-bit or 64-bit). The on-line Tax Preoarer installation of the complete program
(required for the first installation of the year) automatically installs all files and start-up icons appropriate for your computer.
On-line updates include only changed files to bring your initial installation up-to-date.
- Internet access. Required for initial on-line installation of program for the year, on-line updates throughout the year,
and e-file transmissions. (We post updates on the web for
quick and easy updating of your software, on-screen manuals, and IRS documents throughout the tax season.
e-file output is sent securely over the internet to
a 3rd party, PDP, for subsequent transmission to the IRS.)
- Windows printer. Required for the printout of IRS-like graphic forms for all 64-bit computers
and most 32-bit computers. (For 32-bit installations, older HP PCL4-compatible printers
with compatible tax fonts and a parallel port connection is also supported, but a Windows printer is preferable.)
- 1 GB of free memory. Recommended for 64-bit computers, but 256 MB is adequate for 32-bit computers.
- Special requirements for e-file. You must have our Standard Level or Premium Level software,
separately purchased e-file transmission software (below), high-speed (broadband) internet access,
and an IRS-issued EFIN. NOT available for partnership (Form 1065) nor California (Form 540) returns.